Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. Thanks to its location in the Rhine-Main science region, the university can unfold to its full potential and showcase its innovative power and dynamism. Its status as a comprehensive university allows for multidisciplinary learning and teaching and has great potential for internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research. Almost all of its institutes are located on a single campus close to the Mainz city center – creating a lively academic culture for researchers, teaching staff, and students from every continent
National Research Data Infrastructure, NFDI4Chem consortium of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Communications Manager NFDI4Chem
The JGU Mainz is a key location for the NFDI4Chem consortium in the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) and aims to achieve the seamless digitisation of chemical laboratory work and research. The associated cultural change requires intensive communication with the scientific community to identify needs and provide documentation and support.
We are looking for a Communications Manager as soon as possible to support us with the challenges in consortial communication and public relations.
The activities within the NFDI4Chem consortium include the following tasks:
- Professionalisation of the scientific communication within the consortium as well as continuous adaptation and extension of the communication strategy
- Intensive cooperation with the German Chemical Society (GDCh), especially in questions of public relations and cooperation with external organisations (e.g. IUPAC).
- Assistance with the conception, implementation and evaluation of surveys and opinion polls on the chemistry-specific needs for research data management
- Extensive cooperation in the public appearance of the consortium (homepage, social media and newsletter), conception and coordination of the contents with the working groups in the consortium
- Participation in NFDI-wide activities such as the communication circle for public relations work
- Collaboration in the organisation of conferences, workshops and other events
- a successfully completed university degree preferably in journalism, communication sciences or a related field of study, insights into scientific research are an advantage
- Passion for science communication and ideally initial experience or a strong interest in learning the ropes in this field
- Confident handling of common text- and image-editing software
- Confident command of the German and English languages, both written and spoken
- Extensive experience in dealing with social media and editorial skills for print and online media
- It would be an advantage to have an overview of, and possibly existing contacts to, relevant learned societies and organisations (GDCh, JCF, EYCN, IYCN, etc.) as well as international meetings (IUPAC, EuChemS, ACS, etc.).
- You are communicative, independent, reliable and can work well with many project partners in a complex subject area
What we have to offer:
- a high degree of involvement and autonomy in an exciting project
- Appropriate multimedia equipment according to your requirements
- The opportunity for interdisciplinary networking across consortium boundaries
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Jobticket, optional for the entire Rhine-Main area
- Extensive human resources development offer
- Flexible working time arrangements
The position is paid according to EG 13 TV-L and to be filled immediately. The position is temporary for a fixed term until September 30th, 2025.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
We aim to increase the number of women in our field and therefore encourage female candidates to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
Are you ready for a new challenge and interested in this varied and responsible position? Then submit your complete application until July 15th, 2022, preferably via the „Apply now“ button.
For questions and further information please contact Dr. Johannes Liermann by e-mail: email@example.com.