Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. Thanks to its location in the Rhine-Main science region, the university can unfold to its full potential and showcase its innovative power and dynamism. Its status as a comprehensive university allows for multidisciplinary learning and teaching and has great potential for internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research. Almost all of its institutes are located on a single campus close to the Mainz city center – creating a lively academic culture for researchers, teaching staff, and students from every continent
University Library of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Full-time (100 %)
Mainz University Library is the central information service provider for university's researchers, teachers and students. It provides them with literature and information as needed and offers modern places to learn and communicate.
The Marketing and Communications staff unit is responsible for the internal and external communications of the University Library, both technically and in terms of content. It ensures brand- and target group-appropriate content and services, both on traditional and digital channels. Its responsibilities include the conception, development and operation of the library's website and intranet.
- be responsible for functional and design development of the UB website
- assist in all aspects of integrating external websites into the UB website
- creatively and competently find solutions to make our content do more than just inform
- create and configure entity types, Drupal modules as well as theme components
- create reusable design components and build a pattern library
- take care of the documentation of design and code
- regularly adjust the website deployment in GitlabCI as well as the Docker setup to our needs and implement customizations
- monitor and optimize the performance, scalability, security and stability of the website and implement necessary measures
- manage external service providers for support and website development
- write automated tests, plan and control test activities, and analyze bugs
- Completed university studies (master's degree) in an information science field or equivalent skills and experience.
- You are very familiar with Drupal framework and API.
Very good skills in
- the configuration of Drupal (in particular Media Module, Webforms, Views, Paragraphs)
- using object-oriented PHP frameworks (Symfony) and databases (MySql, Maria-DB)
- the structure and use of pattern libraries, frontend style guides, UI libraries, component library style guides, design systems, etc.
- methods and tools for system and user documentation
- Drupal configuration management strategies as well as deployment workflows
- the use of Git/Gitlab CI in a Docker environment
- eliciting, analysing and implementing technical requirements with the help of user stories, user scenarios, technical stories, and storyboards
- test strategies
Good skills in
- tools as drush, composer, Drupal Console, Devel, Lando, ddev
- Client Side Frameworks (Angular JS, React, Barebone.js, JSON:API, GraphQL, REST)
- the creation of web or mobile applications
- the development of UX/UI designs
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery Management and Configuration Management
- performance optimization and scaling of Drupal systems and server setups
- current usability and accessibility concepts
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- design system and pattern based applications in Drupal development
- component based designs (Atomic Design)
- debugging as well as with automated test strategies.
You are creative, innovative and flexible, speak the language of your users and know how to communicate complex issues in an understandable way. You know how to professionally raise technical requirements. You are a team player and enjoy finding professional solutions that help others.
What we have to offer:
- a challenging and versatile task in an independently working team
- an attractive working environment on a large university campus with international flair
- Jobticket, optional for the entire Rhine-Main area
- Extensive human resources development offer
- flexible working hours and generous opportunities for working from your home office
- family friendliness in practice
The position is paid according to EG 13 TV-L and to be filled as soon as possible. The position is limited to a period of 2 years.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
Applications from older candidates are welcome.
We aim to increase the number of women in the IT field and therefore encourage female candidates to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
Would you like to build a perfect home for exciting content as part of our web team? Then apply now until 03 Juli 2022, preferably via our button "Apply now" with your complete application documents.
For questions please contact Oliver Eberlen, Tel: +49 6131 39-24037 or