Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz (JGU) is one of the largest universities in Germany. Thanks to its location in the Rhine-Main science region, the university can unfold to its full potential and showcase its innovative power and dynamism. Its status as a comprehensive university allows for multidisciplinary learning and teaching and has great potential for internationally renowned, interdisciplinary research. Almost all of its institutes are located on a single campus close to the Mainz city center – creating a lively academic culture for researchers, teaching staff, and students from every continent.
Chemistry Department of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
The Czodrowski Lab is part of the Department of Chemistry which contains state-of-the-art analytical and experimental techniques in combination with cutting-edge data science methods. We apply wet lab and dry lab technologies to tackle highly relevant biological questions.
The PostDoc will be covering two aspects: teaching as well as research and will be embedded in a highly motivated group.
- independent structure-based drug discovery in the field of biophysical chemistry
- Setting up teaching material for the course “Quantum mechanics, spectroscopy and characterization”
- Porting teaching material to interactive Jupyter notebooks
- Development of a Python-based workflow for Poisson-Boltzmann-based pKa calculations for protein-ligand complexes
- Structure-based evaluation of protein crystal structures toward putative protonation effects
In addition to the general requirements according to public services law, applicants must meet the recruitment requirements stipulated in § 57 of the Hochschulgesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate.
- PhD and a successfully completed university degree in chemistry, pharmacy, computer science or related fields
- Extensive knowledge in Python
- Sound background in quantum mechanics and spectroscopy
- Knowledge of German language
What we have to offer:
- Jobticket, optional for the entire Rhine-Main area
- Extensive human resources development offer
- Flexible working time arrangements
The position is paid according to EG 13 TV-L and to be filled from 01.12.2022. The position is limited to a period of 2 years.
The position serves the purpose of academic qualification.
JGU is diverse and welcomes qualified applications from people with varied backgrounds.
We aim to increase the number of women in the field of research and teaching and therefore encourage female researchers to apply.
Candidates with severe disabilities and appropriate qualifications will be given priority.
Are you ready for a new challenge and interested in this varied and responsible position? Then submit your complete application until September 30th, 2022, preferably via the „Apply now“ button.
For questions and further information please contact Paul Czodrowski by phone 06131/39-28825 or e-mail: email@example.com.